Three simple words that can ask two entirely different questions. There is a certain indifference that resonates from the question,"So what, if?" Maybe the question: So, what if!? offers better and more positive possibilities for tomorrow.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

We let the younger generation choose their own future?

When I start looking around at the world we live in, and get an uncomfortable knot in my stomach when I think about the theology-driven world view of Sarah Palin and her devotees, I only have to take a peek at the younger generation to understand:

All is right with the world--or will be, given time.

When I see images of tea partiers on the news--the white-haired folks who are adamant about the world that they want to leave to the next generation--and then I turn my glance toward the next generation and see and listen to their ideas on the world that they WANT to inherit, I see that:

All is right with the world--or will be, given time.

The best and brightest of the younger generation "get it."  Not only do they "get it," but many of them are very capable of passing it along.  In this fast-paced world we live in--you just have to keep up, that's all.  And, if you don't quite "get" satire--well, it just may be you that gets left behind (pun intended).

No comments:

Post a Comment